Easy-to-Use Network-Attached Storage with Remote ReplicationBuilt on proven and award-winning BeyondRAID™ technology, the Drobo B800fs allows the sharing of files with all computers on the network and keep your vital business data protected with Drobo Sync offsite replication. Drobo model B800fs connects seamlessly to your existing Ethernet network and supports both Windows and Mac computers. DroboApps give you the freedom to customize your Drobo to meet your own unique set of requirements.
Available ConfigurationsIn the US and some other countries, Drobo configurations are also available with hard drives for your projects. You can also find other configurations offered by Drobo resellers combining an empty Drobo with supported hard drives.
|Drobo B800fs (empty)||Drobo 8-bay NAS storage array for business, Gigabit Ethernet|
|Drobo B800fs with 12TB||12TB Drobo 8-bay NAS storage array for business, Gigabit Ethernet, with (4) 3TB Enterprise SATA drives|
|Drobo B800fs with 24TB||24TB Drobo 8-bay NAS storage array for business, Gigabit Ethernet, with (8) 3TB Enterprise SATA drives|
BeyondRAID TechnologyA Drobo B800fs can hold up to 32TB of raw storage and beyond. To add capacity, simply insert a new hard drive or replace your smallest drive with a larger one, even when all drive bays are full. Unlike traditional RAID systems, the BeyondRAID technology in Drobo enables you to leverage different drive capacities, allowing for continuous expansion as larger drives become available. With Drobo, expansion is automatic and instantaneous and access to data is always maintained. Drobo can protect from single- or dual-drive failures and has a virtual hot spare capability—ensuring that all drives are used at all times. Learn more about BeyondRAID and other Drobo technology innovations.
Offsite Data ProtectionThe Drobo B800fs includes an intelligent and easy-to-use data replication tool that can seamlessly back up your valuable data from one Drobo to another one on your network or across the Internet to a remote site. Having your data protected offsite guards you from a major disaster, resulting in peace of mind. Learn more about Drobo Sync.
Centralized Backup for Your Entire NetworkThe Drobo B800fs enables network backup for Mac and Windows users at small offices or in workgroup environments. Also, the Drobo B800fs delivers the most seamless support for Apple Time Machine of any network storage system on the market today. Using Time Machine with Drobo B800fs is as easy as clicking a box in Drobo Dashboard.
Share Files Directly from DroboDrobo B800fs connects directly to your Ethernet network to make sharing your data easy. Just plug it into any switch and you're ready to go. The Drobo B800fs has two Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be configured to fail over if one link fails or can be set up to connect to two separate networks—one for your data and the other for Drobo Sync replication, for example. Connect to Drobo, and access shared data, using any Windows or Mac computer. Drobo natively supports CIFS/SMB and AFP network protocols.
Protection from Two Drive FailuresEnable the dual-drive redundancy option to protect your data from failure of up to two hard drives. It's all done with a single click and without ever losing access to your data. Running out of space? Switch back to single-drive redundancy at any time. Unlike moving between traditional RAID 5 and RAID 6, there's no need to reformat or migrate data from Drobo B800fs, potentially saving you hours or days of downtime.
A Drobo as Unique as You Are
Select from a wide selection of free DroboApps designed to give you the freedom to configure and customize your Drobo B800fs to meet your own unique set of requirements. Our growing library of DroboApps* adds amazing functionality such as media, web, and more!
*DroboApps are community created and community supported applications. Click here for more information.Click here for the Drobo B800fs Data Sheet
- 2 x 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbps Ethernet port
- 8 drive bays
- 3.5" SATA 1 / SATA II / SATA III drives
- Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping drives with larger ones. Use the Capacity Calculator to estimate available storage in various configurations.
- Thin Provisioning
- Instant Expansion
- Mixed Drive Size Utilization
- Automatic Protection Levels
- Dual Disk Redundancy
- Virtual Hot Spare
- Data Aware
- Drive Re-ordering
Additional Software Features
- Drobo Sync remote replication
- Drive Spin Down
- Mac OS X Time Machine Support
- One (1) year warranty in the US or outside the EU or two (2) year warranty in the EU (as provided by EU law)
- Common Internet File System (CIFS)/ Server Message Block (SMB)
- Apple Filing Protocol (AFP)
- Connection Failover
- Jumbo frames (up to 9000 bytes MTU)
- Drive bay indicator lights, capacity gauge, status lights
- Drobo Dashboard version 2.0 or later
- Drobo-initiated email notifications
Operating System Support
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Windows 8/8.1 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 7 SP1 32 and 64 bit
- Windows XP SP3 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2012 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2003 32 and 64 bit
- Carrier-less Drive Bays
- Field replaceable controller card, power supplies, and cooling fan unit
Size and Weight
- Desktop or 3U rack mount form factor (rack mount kit optional)
- Width: 12.17 in (309.1 mm)
- Height: 5.46 in (138.7 mm)
- Depth: 14.1 in (358.1 mm)
- Weight: 16 lb 3 oz (without hard drives or packaging)
Power and Cooling
- Internal Power Supply: AC Input - 100/240 VAC, 1.8/0.75 A, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption - Idle System (standby, drives off): 13 watts
- Power Consumption - Typical Idle System (drive spin down mode, 8 drives): 25 watts
- Power Consumption - Typical Busy System (four drives): 82 watts
- Dual, fixed cooling fans
- Acoustics - Normal Operation: 30.4 dB
- Operating Temperature: 10°C – 35°C (50° – 95°F)
- Non-Operating Temperature (storage): -10° – 60°C (14° – 140°F)
- Operating Humidity: 5% – 80%
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, REACH
- Regulatory: FCC Part 15 Class B; Canada ICES-003 Class B; CE Mark; CISPR22:19973rd Edition Class B; MIC Mark; VCCI Approval to V.3; BSMI Approval to CNS13438; ACA Approval to AS/NZS 3548
- Safety: UL, cUL, TUV, CB
- Drobo B800fs
- 2 x 6 ft Ethernet cables
- 6 ft power cord with power supply (100-240V AC, 50/60 Hz)
- Quick Start Card
- Getting Started Guide (printed)
- Drobo Resource CD, which includes the Drobo Dashboard application