Easiest-to-Use Network Attached Storage
The revolutionary Drobo FS was designed with one purpose in mind: to deliver the best file sharing experience ever. From the moment you plug it in and it instantly appears on your desktop, you’ll know there’s nothing like it. The all-in-one Drobo FS is perfect for any connected home, home office, or small office environment needing a simple, safe device for sharing and backing up files over the network.
Like all Drobo storage products, Drobo FS provides redundant data protection without the complexities of RAID. Just plug in your Drobo FS and your data protection is all set up with no configuration required. We call this BeyondRAID™ technology. You’ll call it peace of mind.
The Drobo FS storage array is available from $699 US.
Share Your Data on a Gigabit Ethernet Network
Drobo FS connects directly to a Gigabit Ethernet network to make sharing your data easy. Just plug it into any switch or wireless router and you’re ready to go. You can even connect the Drobo FS directly to the Ethernet port on your computer without having to configure any settings.
Supports All Computers on Your Network
Connect to your Drobo FS using any Windows or Mac computer. Multiple computers can access the Drobo FS at the same time, providing storage to your entire network.
Easy Expansion to 15TB and Beyond
Drobo FS holds up to five drives allowing you to effortlessly grow your storage to meet your data capacity needs. To add more space, simply insert a new hard drive or replace your smallest drive with a larger one, even when all drive bays are full.
And unlike traditional RAID systems, the BeyondRAID™ technology in Drobo FS enables you to mix and match drive capacities, brands, and speeds. This unprecedented flexibility allows for continuous expansion as available hard drive capacities increase.
Click here for the Drobo FS Data Sheet
Protection from Two Drive Failures
Enable the dual-drive redundancy option to protect your data from failure of up to two hard drives. It's all done with a single click, and without ever losing access to your data. Running out of space? Switch back to single-drive redundancy at any time. Unlike moving between traditional RAID 5 and RAID 6, there's no need to reformat or migrate data from the Drobo FS, potentially saving you hours or days of downtime.
Centralized Backup for Your Entire Network
The Drobo FS enables network backup for Mac and Windows users at home, home office, or small offices.
Also, the Drobo FS delivers the most seamless support for Apple Time Machine of any network storage system on the market today. Using Time Machine with Drobo FS is as easy as one click in Drobo Dashboard.
A Drobo as Unique as You Are
Select from a wide selection of free DroboApps designed to give you the freedom to configure and customize your Drobo FS to meet your own unique set of requirements. Our growing library of DroboApps* adds amazing functionality like media, web, and more!
*DroboApps are community created and community supported applications. Visit our apps page for more information.
Drobo FS Specifications
Gigabit Ethernet (also 10/100 Mbps compatible)
Accommodates from one to five 3.5" SATA I / II / III hard drives of any manufacturer, capacity, spindle speed, and/or cache. No carriers or tools required. Click here for drive recommendations.
Mac and Windows systems can connect to Drobo FS directly and over the network using AFP and CIFS/SMB network protocols.
- 1 x 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbps Ethernet port
- 5 drive bays
- 3.5" SATA 1 / SATA II / SATA III drives
- Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping drives with larger ones. Use the Capacity Calculator to estimate available storage in various configurations.
- Thin Provisioning
- Instant Expansion
- Mixed Drive Size Utilization
- Automatic Protection Levels
- Dual Disk Redundancy
- Virtual Hot Spare
- Data Aware
- Drive Re-ordering
Additional Software Features
- Drive Spin Down
- Drobo Copy
- Dim Lights
- Mac OS X Time Machine Support
- Jumbo frames (up to 9000 bytes MTU)
- Common Internet File System (CIFS) / Server Message Block (SMB)
- Apple Filing Protocol (AFP)
- Carrier-less Drive Bays
- Kensington Lock Port for Security (lock not included)
Operating System Support
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later (Intel Only)
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later (Intel Only)
- Mac OS X 10.7.0 or later (Intel Only)
- Windows 7 SP1 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Vista SP1 32 and 64 bit
- Windows XP SP3 32 and 64 bit
- Drive bay indicator lights, capacity gauge, status lights
- Drobo Dashboard version 2.0 or later
- Drobo-initiated email notifications
Size and Weight
- Desktop Form Factor
- Width: 5.9 in (150.3 mm)
- Height: 7.3 in (185.4 mm)
- Depth: 10.3 in (262.3 mm)
- Weight: 8 lb (without hard drives, power supply, or packaging)
Power and Cooling
- External Power Supply: AC Input - 100-240VAC~2.5A, 50-60Hz; DC Output - 12-17VDC 8.33A & 100W Max
- Power Consumption - Idle System (standby, drives off): 12 watts
- Power Consumption - Typical Busy System (four drives): 56 watts
- Single, fixed cooling fan
- Acoustics - Normal Operation: 31.8 dB
- Operating Temperature: 10°C – 35°C (50° – 95°F)
- Non-Operating Temperature (storage): -10° – 60°C (14° – 140°F)
- Operating Humidity: 5% – 80%
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, REACH
- Regulatory: FCC Part 15 Class B; Canada ICES-003 Class B; CE Mark; CISPR22:19973rd Edition Class B; MIC Mark; VCCI Approval to V.3; BSMI Approval to CNS13438; ACA Approval to AS/NZS 3548
- Safety: UL, cUL, TUV, CB
- One (1) year warranty in the US or outside the EU or two (2) year warranty in the EU (as provided by EU law)
- Drobo FS
- 6 ft Ethernet cable
- 6 ft power cord with power supply (100 – 240V AC, 50/60 Hz)
- Quick Start Card
- Getting Started Guide (printed)
- Drobo Resource CD, which includes the Drobo Dashboard application
- Drobo PC Backup CD