An Easy On-Ramp to the Cloud for SMB
Offsite backup for on-premises storage for smaller IT environments using a virtual appliance with Drobo and AWS Storage Gateway
Any company that is large enough to have IT infrastructure needs the applications delivered from that infrastructure to be always available, even after a disaster. On-premises backup provides strong protection from the most common outages caused by device failure or human error. But local backup cannot help business recover from a disaster without offsite backup, and smaller organizations are less likely to have a second site where they can host IT infrastructure.
A practical and affordable solution deploys Drobo iSCSI SAN for on-premises backup and leverages AWS Storage Gateway to back up to Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Services). The simple addition of a VM into the existing infrastructure is all that is needed to connect to Amazon S3.
- A Cloud Storage Strategy for the SMB
- Drobo-AWS Solution Summary
- Drobo-AWS Solution Presentation
- How-To Guide: Cloud Storage Using Amazon Storage Gateway with Drobo
- Read a blog post about combining Drobo with AWS
- Amazon video explaining AWS Storage Gateway
- Download the DBN webcast (zipped M4A file, 22.5 MB)