Customer Loyalty Program also Available
SAN FRANCISCO – June 3, 2014 – Connected Data, the creator of the award-winning Drobo line of smart storage solutions, announces its newest 4-Bay Drobo is now shipping for the new low price of $349 USD.
Customer Loyalty Program
• To make the transition to the system even more affordable, Connect Data is offering Drobo 4-Bay Gen 1 and Gen 2 customers a $50 USD rebate through www.drobostore.com and select channel partners.
• Award-winning BeyondRAID technology allows first and second-generation Drobo customers to seamlessly upgrade to the new Drobo by simply removing the disk packs from their current Drobo, and moving it to their new ones.
In addition to a completely new architecture that makes this new Drobo three times faster than previous generations, the new Drobo 4-Bay features:
• 4x faster rebuild times to maximize data availability in the event of a disk drive failure
• Battery backup to provide even more protection in the event of a power outage
• Enhanced Apple Time Machine support that allows users to easily allocate a specific amount of capacity to be dedicated for Time Machine backups that preserves the maximum space available for data storage.
“Data protection and simple expansion have always been core features of all Drobo systems. The fact that previous Drobo customers can simply move their drives from their current Drobos to take immediate advantage of the features and performance of the new system is a great example of this commitment and a unique benefit that only we provide,” said Joe Disher, Senior Director of Product Marketing at Connected Data. “Even better, shipping the new Drobo Gen 3 is the first of many exciting product introductions we plan to unveil in 2014.”
Pricing and Availability
MSRP for the new Drobo Gen3 starts at $349 USD plus a $50 USD discount for current Drobo customers. Drobo is available now at www.drobostore.com and through select channel partners.
About Connected Data Connected Data is the creator of the Drobo line of award-winning smart storage solutions and Transporter, the world’s first peer-to-peer private storage device, is focused on providing elegantly designed solutions for consumers, professionals and businesses. The Connected Data team consists of the same professionals responsible for the creation of the high performance BlueArc Silicon Server. Connected Data is privately funded and based in San Jose, California.
Drobo, BeyondRAID, and the Drobo logo are trademarks of Connected Data, Inc., which may be registered in some jurisdictions. Apple and Time Machine are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. All trademarks are the property of the respective trademark owners. All other trademarks used belong to their respective owners.
The Max Borges Agency for Connected Data