Upgrade safely to Apple’s newest Mac software release, macOS Catalina (10.15) using our 3-step guide below.
Step 1 – Back up Your Mac
Note: Backing up is a good practice, and while the Drobo is protected storage, we recommend having at least two copies of your data to protect against data loss.
To protect your data you can use Apple’s Time Machine connected to any Drobo or you may download StorCentric’s application, Retrospect for an easy backup solution.
- To set up Time Machine with a Drobo, read our setup guide for DAS or NAS products.
- To try Retrospect backup click here for download links.
- To watch a setup video of Retrospect on Drobo click here.
Make sure your Mac model supports macOS Catalina before continuing. Most Mac models introduced in 2012 or later are compatible with macOS Catalina, and you can upgrade directly from OS X Mountain Lion or later. Apple has made a complete list here.
Step 2 – Is Your Drobo Ready?
Since the release of Apple’s Beta versions, Drobo has been working on ensuring your Drobo(s) will work seamlessly with your new Mac software. Please see the tested Drobos below.
Drobos that are compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15:
- Drobo 5 Bays – 5N, 5C, 5D3* (via USB C) and 5N2
- Drobo 8 Bays – B810n and B810i
- *Note: We have noticed an issue with connectivity over Thunderbolt 3 on macOS Catalina 10.15 and are actively working with Apple. For now, we recommend 5D3 customers to use the USB C port, and for Drobo 8D customers to wait on upgrading.
Step 3 – Upgrading Your Mac
After backing up your computer, click on the Apple logo in the upper left-hand corner of your Mac and select “About This Mac” then select “Software Upgrade”, this will open a new window that will look for the latest software. You can also download the software directly from the Mac App Store.